Tethered shooting means you have your camera connected to your computer or laptop (usually a laptop for mobility purposes). This allows you to shoot and transfer images straight into the computer as you shoot.
What do i need to shoot tethered?
2. Computer or laptop that can run canon’s EOS Utility software that came with your camera look for the most current version.
4. Adobe Lightrom 2.0
5. External Monitor 20″ or bigger Apple cinema 24″ or 30″ display. (optional)
Plug in Camera
There should be a USB port on the side of the camera
Connect to the computer
This should automatically launch the EOS Utillity software, if not lauch it manually.
Launch EOS Utillity sofware
1. click on monitor folder and create a folder on your destop.
Create a Folder on the desktop
1. we created “EOS Canon” folder, this is where the images will be saved to. 2. click on the return to the main window button.
Open Lightroom and go to file > auto import > auto import settings…
set your preferences for auto import settings
1. Choose the folder that you created on the desktop
2. Choose a folder where you want the images to go.
3. Create a filename for the images that you will capture
4. Add keywords to the images.
Enable auto import
Make sure that the auto import is enabled. go to file > auto import > enable auto import
Time to Shoot
Click on camera settings/ remote shooting
You can control the camera from the control window 1. pick a setting, 2. use arrows to change the value of settings, 3. click to release shutter. or just shoot as normal.
Image will be in Lightroom
Lightroom will automatically import any new images that are added to the watched folder on the desktop.
that’s it, the process is complete!
Now you can edit your photo’s as usuall or show them to the model and get there approval.